Partner – Milan and Naples
Partner – Milan and Naples
Degree from the Federico II University of Naples.
Member of the Milan Association Bar
Italian and English
Alessandro Paone is a Partner of LabLaw Studio Legale Rotondi & Partners, Head of LabLaw’s Study Centre and Naples office, which he launched in 2017 in the beautiful historical setting of Palazzo Spinelli, in Via dei Mille.
Alessandro is one of the best known experts at national level in the field of crises, reorganisations and corporate restructuring, and in recent years he has edited and managed some of the most important collective impact procedures in favour of Italian and foreign clients, dealing with strategic planning and construction from the outset of complex reorganisations, assisting the company during trade union relations preparatory to the implementation of social cushioning paths and collective dismissal of redundant staff.
Thanks to the experience gained over the years in trade union relations at national and local level, Alessandro provides assistance to companies during discussions with trade unions of all types and sizes, as well as in communication and institutional relations with the Ministries of Labour and Economic Development.
He is also an expert in labour law in the public sector, with particular regard to extraordinary operations of public bodies and public-controlled companies, dismissals, remuneration policies, golden parachutes and compulsory selection and recruitment procedures, assisting numerous public bodies and public-controlled companies in a wide range of ordinary and extraordinary matters, throughout Italy and in a wide variety of sectors.
Before concentrating on his career as a lawyer, Alessandro worked in the HR department of one of the largest TLC companies in Italy, an experience that allowed him to develop management skills, gain in-depth knowledge of the workings of companies and the functions they are made up of, and thus refine his ability to work as part of a team alongside clients, as a strategic partner, creating simple and immediate operational relationships, with the aim of simplifying labour law issues in both ordinary day-to-day and, above all, extraordinary matters.
Among other projects handled and managed are countless operations of mergers and acquisitions, transfers of companies and business units, the care and management of digitalization processes, with massive retraining of staff, or the implementation of new working tools that involved the resolution of issues related to remote controls and privacy.
Alessandro also handles litigation on behalf of the firm’s clients in the areas of anti-union conduct, trade union rights in the broadest sense, termination of national or corporate collective agreements, individual and collective dismissals, employment relationships with executives, agency relationships, revocation and liability of directors, both for private and public companies, leading a team of experienced litigators between the Milan and Naples offices.
Author of numerous scientific and popular publications on labour law and labour relations, for years he has been a lecturer and speaker in numerous courses and organised events. In 2019-2020 he was in charge of the Master of II Level in HR organised by the IULM University of Milan.
– Industrial restructuring and company reorganisation processes
– Industrial and trade union relations
– Collective dismissals and ordinary and extraordinary redundancy procedures, solidarity contracts, New Skills Fund et similia
– Mergers and acquisitions of companies or business units Procedures ex art. 47, l. 428/1990
– Assistance in favour of primary private or public companies and/or public companies in which Public Bodies or Public Administrations have a stake, both in ordinary and extraordinary labour law consultancy and in litigation against employees, managers and general managers
– Labour litigation in relation to subordinate employment relationships (judgments in relation to dismissals, both collective and individual, disciplinary proceedings and/or for objective reasons, higher classification, differences in pay, transfer of place of work or company, etc.) and self-employment (fixed-term contracts, self-employment contracts, procurement contracts)
– Litigation in the field of executive labour relations
– Litigation for and/or against directors of companies, including in cases of liability actions
– Litigation on anti-union conduct in judgments ex art. 28 S.L.
– Labour law consultancy on all matters relating to the employment relationship, from its establishment to its termination
– “HR e lavoro a distanza”, Alessandro Paone, Luca Failla, Francesco Rotondi – Wolters Kluwer, Milan, 2020
– Manuale di Diritto del Lavoro e delle Relazioni Industriali – Ipsoa, October 2017 and 2014, edited by Francesco Rotondi
– Labor Formulario Commentato (Profili sostanziali, gestionali e proceduali; edited by: Maresca, Romei, Failla, Brisciani and Rausei) – IPSOA 2017
– Annotated code of labour relations. Doctrine and jurisprudence – Ipsoa, January 2014
– Labor – Formulario Commentato: Milan, IPSOA 2014, edited by A. Maresca, R. Romei, L. Failla, M. Brisciani and P. Rausei
– Code of Labour Law: Milan, Ipsoa, 2013, edited by Francesco Rotondi
– Lecturer Master HR University IULM, Milan
– Lecturer and Speaker AIDP (Italian Association of Personnel Managers)
– Lecturer and speaker on labour law ISPER, Institute for Personnel Management
– Lecturer and speaker on labour law PARADIGMA
– Lecturer and Speaker labour law OPTIME
– Labour law lecturer IPSOA Master I rapporti di lavoro nella crisi aziendale (2015 – 2016 – 2017 – 2018)
– Labour Law lecturer IPSOA Master IPSOA Labour law and business organization (2016 – 2017 – 2018)
– Lecturer in labour law and industrial relations Business International and Synergia
– Labour Law Master Sole24Ore Labour Law and Business Organization lecturer
– Included by Legalcommunity in the “FortyUnder40” ranking for 2020
– Aidp Award to the Public Employment Lawyer – LegalCommunity Labour Awards 2019
– Fianlist TopLegal Awards 2019 in the categories: Administrative Lawyer of the Year Advising Companies and Public Law Bodies, Labour Law Lawyer of the Year Trade Union and Social Security, Labour Lawyer of the Year Industrial Relations
– LegalCommunity magazine named The Best in Italy 2019 among employment lawyers
– Nominated among the employment lawyers The Best in Italy 2018 by LegalCommunity magazine
– Nominated among employment lawyers Rising Stars 2017 by LegalCommunity magazine
– Nominated among employment lawyers as The Best in Italy 2016 by LegalCommunity magazine
– LegalCommunity Magazine’s The Best in Italy 2015 among employment lawyers
– Best Emerging Lawyer – LegalCommunity Labour Awards 2015
– Nominated Industrial Relations and Trade Union Relations Lawyer – LegalCommunity Labour Awards 2012